Welcome to the Top 1%
Hey! I’m Trevor and I’m glad you’re here.
I’m honored and humbled that you’ve found your way to this community, and I sincerely hope that I can serve you in a meaningful way for a long time to come.
I’ve always been intense, driven, and focused on making the most of my life. I decided early on that I was called to care for people, and specifically called to relieve the pain of others. I do that daily through my work as an endodontist, and now as a teacher on personal mastery, success, high performance, and servant leadership.
But, I’ll let you in on a little secret. My life has been a series of struggles leading up to this point. Hasn’t yours?
I’ve personally had to overcome serious self-doubt as a kid, nearly debilitating fear of failure during my years in college, and generalized anxiety that made my dental school years unnecessarily challenging. The truth is: I was a mess emotionally, physically, mentally, and even spiritually at times. But, by the Grace of God, and thanks to my amazing family, and a very special woman who became my wife, I pushed through and am now compelled to share what I’ve learned and what I’m learning. It was also during, and in response to these challenges, that I began to dive deeply into psychological literature, spiritual literature, and success and personal development work. Those lessons have now become a part of my life’s work.
Who Am I, Really?
- Follower of Christ
- Dad to 3 beautiful girls
- Husband to My Amazing Wife Ashley
- Endodontist and Practice Owner of Blattner Endodontic Care
- Small Town Missouri Boy
- Triathlete/Marathoner/Fitness enthusiast
- Proud Graduate of the University of Kansas (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!)
- Author on 2 Published Articles in the Journal of Endodontics (NERD ALERT: yes, there is an entire Journal dedicated to the subject)
- Author of You Can Be a Master: How to Become A Top Performer By Using the Evidence On Expertise (Launching September 2018)
- Host of “The Top 1% Podcast”
- High-Performance Forum Alum: Private Mentorship with Darren Hardy
- Dedicated to Helping You Live a Life of Meaning, Mission, and Mastery by Serving as “Your Personal Growth Trainer”
I mention these statistics not to belittle anyone, but merely to send a clear message that “average” behavior does not bring fulfillment or freedom. “Average” brings pain and discontentment.
I am a strong believer in education, and I truly believe that APPLIED knowledge is power. Unfortunately, I believe formal education does an inadequate job of teaching us how to do the most crucial things that make a great and meaningful life:
- Find Purpose in Life
- Achieve Massive Success through Strategic Goal Achievement
- Lead and Serve others so that they can replicate our success.
At thetoponepercent.com, we are working diligently to help fill that educational gap.
What sets this community apart is the focus on helping each student understand that our Creator has given us each more brain power than we could exhaust in 100 lifetimes, and it is our calling to develop that potential to its maximum capacity in order to serve others while we’re blessed to be alive.
The role of thetoponepercent.com is to present content that will help each student in the community recognize their calling, reach the top 1% in the world in their chosen endeavors, and lead others to do the same. We recognize that this is a life-long process of personal growth on the way to “Personal Mastery,” and we intend to be training partners with our students throughout the journey.
Sign up below to receive a FREE copy of my E-Book, "Mastering Achievement in Three Easy Steps"
Please enter your name and Email to Get Instant Access To This Powerful Tool That Will Put Your Achievement On Auto-Pilot.
Our Belief System
- We believe that every person has the responsibility to maximize our God-given potential to impact the world in a positive and powerful way. Our purpose, therefore, is to guide and protect our audience along their journey toward their Maximum Potential, as they in-turn serve the world through their own unique purpose.
- We are completely focused on serving the needs and desires of our audience, as we learn and grow together. Our content is intended to be immediately actionable in order to make life better for each of our students in a short amount of time.
- Our content is based on the best available evidence, and it will always include pertinent information on Success, Peak Performance, Leadership, and Mindset Management from cutting-edge research and current literature.
Causes Close to Our Hearts
I believe Stewardship is an essential aspect of a life of Meaning, Mission, and Mastery. The resources with which we’ve been entrusted are only ours to manage for a time, and I believe it’s our duty to use those resources in a way that will positively impact this world and ultimately eternity.
The two organizations listed below are two we’ve selected (in addition to our Local Church) to “double-down” on in terms of furthering God’s kingdom and caring for the next generation of leaders.
We’d be honored if you’d check into these phenomenal organizations if you’re not familiar with them.
We believe in the power of presence. Kids’ lives are dramatically influenced when caring adults come alongside them, sharing God’s love with them. Because their Young Life leader believes in them, they begin to see that their lives have great worth, meaning, and purpose.
This is the first step of a lifelong journey; the choices they make today, based upon God’s love for them, will have an impact on future decisions — careers chosen, marriages formed and families raised — all ripples from the time when a Young Life leader took time to reach out and enter their world.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is touching millions of lives…one heart at a time. Since 1954, FCA has been challenging coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful platform of sport to reach every coach and every athlete with the transforming power of Jesus Christ. FCA focuses on serving local communities around the globe by engaging, equipping and empowering coaches and athletes to unite, inspire and change the world through the gospel.
To see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.
To lead every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.