Fear is the single biggest thing that holds us back, but we have the power to overcome our fears. In this episode, we are going to discuss how to build confidence and overcome your fears which will then lead to your great success!
We are joined by a best-selling author, keynote speaker, entrepreneur and founder of Boss In Heels, Heather Monahan. Having successfully climbed the corporate ladder for nearly 20 years, Heather Monahan is one of the few women to break the glass ceiling and claim her spot in the C-suite. As a Chief Revenue Officer in Media, Heather Monahan is a Glass Ceiling Award winner, named one of the most Influential Women in Radio in 2017 and Thrive Global named her a Limit Breaking Female Founder in 2018.
Heather’s new book Confidence Creator shot to #1 on Amazon’s Business Biographies and Business Motivation lists the first week it debuted on Amazon. Heather is a confidence expert and is currently working with Fortune 500 companies and professional sports to develop confidence in the workplace and on the court. She’s also a member of Florida International University’s Advisory Council to further serve as a mentor and leader in the South Florida Community.
Sit back, relax, and tune in to learn some techniques and strategies to create your confidence and pursue your dreams. Also, we’ll discuss the importance and power of investing in yourself. Enjoy!
· Learn more about Heather and her humble beginnings (3:10)
· Life lessons we can learn from fear (8:24)
· Heather’s journey of leaving the corporate world (16:10)
· The Power of Networking and Social Media (22:00)
· Confidence as a skill that can be developed (33:00)
o Tips on building your confidence
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
· Know more about Heather through her website: heathermonahan.com.
· Looking to take your life to the next level? Tune in to Creating Confidence Podcast with Heather Monahan every Tuesday
· Heather’s new best-selling book, Confidence Creator
· Heather Monahan on Elvis Duran Show – interview about overcoming fears and adversities as a female professional
· If you want to be held accountable to reach your goal and become your most confident self, sign up here!
· The Ladygang – a weekly podcast featuring Keltie Knight, Becca Tobin, and Jac Vanek.
“You only know what you are born into.”
“I see fear as a green light which means that if I am facing fear, then I am about to grow.”
“There’s no space for emotions in business.”
“It’s critical to invest in yourself whether that be by educating yourself, listening to podcasts, or doing a photoshoot and upgrading your images on LinkedIn – whatever that looks like for you, make that investment.”
“At the end of the day, any company can fire you tomorrow. But, whatever you’ve invested with you, you take with you.”
“Nothing good happens if you are not face-to-face.”
Ways to Subscribe to The Top One Percent: