Patty Farmer is an award-winning marketing and media strategist, international speaker, radio host, magazine publisher, event producer, and bestselling author. Specializing in marketing and business growth strategies, Patty works with small business owners, entrepreneurs, and speakers to attract and convert their ideal clients. She believes we all have a message, and her mission is to help all her clients master, market, and monetize that message in a way that creates transformation for both them and their clients.
With a network of over 100,000 connections, Patty has taught thousands of entrepreneurs to connect, collaborate, and convert in less time and make more money, while designing the lifestyle they want to live. She was recently awarded the Global Business Strategist of the Year by Global Powerhouse Group in London, named #3 in the Top 10 Media Speakers You Need To Know, and awarded the 2017 International Speaker of the Year by Public Speakers Association. Patty has also graced the covers of magazines such as Accomplish, Unleash Your Bold, Be The Boss, Women Who Mean Business, and ExpertPreneur®.
In this episode, Patty shares her advice for figuring out your calling and sharing your voice with the world. Listen in to hear how she found the courage to make her own voice heard, common struggles that lead to many people getting in their own way, and important advice for living the life you want to live.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Find the show and subscribe in: iTunes or Stitcher.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Patty’s early life impacted who she is today and her career.
- Her rocky start into becoming a speaker.
- The mindset shift that helped her overcome her aversion to speaking.
- A big mistake that ended up working out for her.
- The important lesson Patty learned about listening to her audience.
- Books she’d recommend.
- Patty’s advice for somebody just starting out in their career or moving into a new position.
- What to keep in mind when looking for a coach.
- How Patty’s mentors have influenced her.
- Habits up-and-coming leaders and business builders should adopt.
- Three things Patty says we all need to do and do well.
- The character traits she wants to be remembered for.
- Her definition of success.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
I have a personal rule that says that if somebody is going to tell me what to do, they better have already done it and they better be making more money than me. - @GetSocialSavvy Click To Tweet
Whatever dream you have that scares you so much that it keeps you up at night … that’s the thing that you need to do. - @GetSocialSavvy Click To Tweet
If you lead with contribution, compensation will follow. -@GetSocialSavvy Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Patty Farmer: Website | Twitter
- Patty’s Special Offer: 10 Smart, Simple Ways to Turn Events into Clients & Cash
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Ask: The counterintuitive online formula to discover exactly what your customers want to buy…create a mass of raving fans…and take any business to the next level by Ryan Levesque
- Trust Funnel: Leverage Today’s Online Currency to Grab Attention, Drive and Convert Traffic, and Live a Fabulous Wealthy Life by Brian G. Johnson