Writing a book can be a valuable business growth tool, but it has to be done right. Today I’ve got Rob Kosberg, founder of Best Seller Publishing, on the show to share exactly what it takes to create a book that will do well. He shares his unique career journey, from real estate to financial services to publishing, as well as key insight on career growth and success.
We discuss the different elements a book needs in order to be successful and impactful, and why it’s so important to write a book in your own voice. Listen in to learn how Rob’s publishing method works, his process for capturing the author’s voice, and what elements a book needs to be a success.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Rob dealt with failure and turning things around to switch up his career.
- What got him started with writing.
- Who Rob works with and how they use writing to further their careers.
- The importance—and the challenge—of capturing an author’s voice.
- The hybrid process Rob uses to capture and implement all the right elements into a book.
- How the process of shifting from career to career worked for him.
- How to reposition your book as a solution rather than an autobiography.
- What it takes to write a book that people really care about.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
I’d rather bet on myself than somebody else. -@RobKosberg Click To Tweet
It wasn’t about the art of writing a book; it was about the results - @RobKosberg Click To Tweet
When you’re writing for the audience, then your idea matters. When you’re writing for yourself, great, but don’t expect to make a million dollars. -@RobKosberg Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Rob Kosberg: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Best Seller Publishing
- Life After Debt by Rob Kosberg
- TED Talks
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Inklings
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Mastering Achievement In Three Easy Steps by Trevor Blattner
- Join the VIP launch list for my upcoming book – You Can Be A Master: How to Become a Top Performer By Using The Evidence on Expertise!