After suffering a spinal injury that left him paralyzed from the neck down, Marcus Aurelius Anderson dug deep and found the source of true power. He joins me on the show today to share his incredible story, as well as the major mindset shifts that helped him to fight off victimhood and empower himself to reclaim his life.
Listen in as Marcus opens up about his life experiences with raw honesty and discusses the importance of learning with humility and without bias. You will learn how he dealt with realizing he was paralyzed, the life lessons that his hardships have taught him, and how to actualize your full potential through embracing adversity.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The different kinds of leadership and why you should understand them all.
- Why pain and discomfort are the best teachers.
- What made Marcus decide to join the military.
- The story of his injury and dealing with realizing he was paralyzed.
- The life changing mindset he gained.
- What micro-adversities are and how you can use them to grow.
- How to take the pressure off and release nervousness when speaking.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
If we prioritize everything, then nothing becomes a priority. - @the1realmarcus Click To Tweet
Recognize truth, no matter where it comes from.- @the1realmarcus Click To Tweet
There’s that phrase, 'You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone,' but it’s not that you don’t know what you have—it’s just that you assume you will always have it. - @the1realmarcus Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Marcus Aurelius Johnson: Website | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn
- TEDx featuring Marcus Aurelius Johnson
- The Gift of Adversity by Marcus Aurelius Johnson
- Bruce Lee Quote
- Grant Cardone
- The 5 Love Languages
- Viktor Frankl
- Marcus Aurelius
- Mastering Achievement In Three Easy Steps by Trevor Blattner
- Join the VIP launch list for my upcoming book – You Can Be A Master: How to Become a Top Performer By Using The Evidence on Expertise!